Stir-fry Catfish Recipe
June 20, 2018
Make this Stir-fry Catfish Recipe your own by incorporating your favorite vegetables
[caption id="attachment_72397" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] This recipe is best served with a side of white rice and garnished with sesame seeds. (Photo courtesy of Chef Lucia Watson)[/caption]
Another catfish delight courtesy of Chef Lucia Watson, this recipe is perfect thanks to the cat clan's firm, tasty flesh. It also works with burbot, walleyes, bass, pike and perch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ medium red, yellow and green peppers, cut into julienned strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, stemmed & chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Blend the sesame oil and soy sauce and set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet until very hot. Add the fish, peppers, carrots, ginger, garlic and scallions. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring gently.
3. Pour the sesame-soy mixture over and cook one more minute. Turn off heat and gently stir in cilantro.
4. Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.