Crab Stuffed Catfish Recipe
July 11, 2018
This Crab Stuffed Catfish Recipe blends two under-the-sea favorites and is sure to impress your dinner party guests
[caption id="attachment_72966" align="aligncenter" width="1366"] This Crab Stuffed Catfish Recipe looks great and tastes amazing. [/caption]
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 6 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 (6-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, bread crumbs, celery, eggs, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons melted butter, Worcestershire sauce and ¼ teaspoon of pepper; mix well.
3. Place catfish fillets on a work surface and season with the remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper. Spread the crabmeat stuffing equally down the center of each fillet, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Brush with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve immediately.