Catfish Cakes Recipe
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources offers this delightful and easy-to-fix catfish dish
Yield: 12 (2-inch) catfish cakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 catfish fillets (approximately 1 pound each), diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions
- ⅓ cup finally chopped green peppers
- ¾ cup pancake mix
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together fish, onion, and green pepper, adding desired amounts of salt and pepper. Mix whisked egg and lemon juice to the fish mixture.
- Add pancake mix and form the mixture into 2-inch patties.
- Fry the patties in heated oil until browned on both sides. Patties can also be baked for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, then broiled.